I love when I am creating recipes and I find one base recipe that I can slightly modify to create yet another recipe. That’s exactly what I did a couple weekends ago when I made the Chocolate Chip Cupcake recipe. For the second version, I omitted the honey and apple cider vinegar to see what happened. Deliciousness in the form of blonde brownies is what happened!
The Lighter Blondie (vegan, gluten free)
2 T. almond butter
3 T. coconut sugar
1/3 c. applesauce
1 t. vanilla
4 stevia scoops (Kal brand or to taste)
couple dashes of sea salt
1 c. almond flour
2 T. coconut flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
2-3 T. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Add almond butter, coconut sugar, applesauce, vanilla, stevia and sea salt to a mixing bowl and stir ingredients to combine well.
- Add flours and stir until mixed well. Add baking powder, soda and stir;once everything is combined, add chocolate chips.
- Spread thin layer (or to desired thickness) onto lined baking sheet or silpat.
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes, I used our convection oven so baking time may slightly vary.
- Makes approximately 9 small brownies
- Allow time to cool, then serve…(iced almond milk coffee or vanilla ice cream-I like Artic Zero)
When I think of blonde brownies as a little girl, I think of a much thicker, chewier brownie and while these don’t have the same texture, the taste was spot on. And even better, you don’t have to worry about your blood sugar elevating, because these little gems are sweetened with coconut sugar, which is low glycemic.
If you would like support in accomplishing your health goals or for more information on Blissful Pursuit’s Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching, click here. To sign up for a FREE Initial Consultation to discuss your health history and health goals, a chance to get your questions answered and the opportunity to find out more about a personalized health program, completely catered toward your busy lifestyle and needs, click here. Interested in receiving my personal nutrition and lifestyle secrets, sign up for the Blissful Pursuit’s Newsletter here or download my FREE e-book, Unlock Your Bliss: 8 Simple Secrets to Nourish Your Body and Mind and begin a transformation that will permanently change your life!